Review Detail

All Product Reviews » Absinthe Substitutes
Maybe, with the resurgence of absinthe in the US, Herbsaint will find its old recipe and place in American history. It's not bad just not very good. I was surprised at the near-golden louche that first started building in my glass which gave way to a pale yellow-green. It has a herbal bitterness which clearly isn't Artemisia absinthium although the anise was pleasant enough and the herbal complexity almost satisfying. The flavor faded away much too quickly leaving only a touch of pepper lingering on the tongue, reminiscent of Herbsaint's own history.
Overall rating 

Appearance 

Louche 

Aroma 

Flavor / Mouthfeel 

Finish 

Overall 

Reviewed by Joe Legate March 19, 2008
Top 100 Reviewer  -   View all my reviews (26)

A historically significant shadow

Maybe, with the resurgence of absinthe in the US, Herbsaint will find its old recipe and place in American history. It's not bad just not very good. I was surprised at the near-golden louche that first started building in my glass which gave way to a pale yellow-green. It has a herbal bitterness which clearly isn't Artemisia absinthium although the anise was pleasant enough and the herbal complexity almost satisfying. The flavor faded away much too quickly leaving only a touch of pepper lingering on the tongue, reminiscent of Herbsaint's own history.

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

To write a comment please register or