A Classic Cocktail
2 dashes orange bitters
1/2 jigger of French vermouth
1/2 jigger of Calisaya
1 dash absinthe
Stir in iced mixing glass and strain into chilled cocktail glass.
"An extremely 'dry' cocktail. 'Brut' (French) means 'raw.' Many customers pronounced it 'Brute,' and so thought it."
The Old Waldorf-Astoria Bar Book
Popular History Items
- 19th Century Distiller's Manuals
- Poisons of French Liqueurs
- FOOD INSPECTION DECISION 147 - The US Ban on Absinthe
- Newspaper, 1870. Absinthe Origins of Vermouth
- By The Absinthe Route - From an anthology of travel stories
- Newspaper, 1860. Warnings of effects of absinthe abuse
- Newspaper, 1861. Absinthe and its Poisonous Effects